So on the off chance that someone might come to read this, and they never read my OLD Journal of a Fat Loser, I suppose that I should 'splain a little.
Did you ever see the show "Third Rock from the Sun?" It had its funny moments. John Lithgow can be hysterical. Anyway, in one episode, John Lithgow's character and his girlfriend (played by Jane someone or other from SNL) join a weight-loss group. It's called "Fat Losers." They see who is the Fat Loser of the week, and go to weekly meetings, etc. Blatant parody of Weight Watchers.
Anyway that's where the name came from. I'm trying to turn from a fat loser to a fat loser. That is, from a loser who is fat to someone who loses fat.
You know when you have to explain a joke too much, so it isn't funny anymore? I think that just happened.
Anyway, I started quite a bit of my new goals this morning. I have eaten pretty well over the weekend, but no running and no pictures.
This morning, I did two miles. Yes, I could have done more, but I don't want to push too hard yet. I am planning on doing two miles on at least five days this week. Then next week I can kick it up to three and see where it goes from there.
Of course, there's always Christmas to take into account, but I think that I can get around that little detail. I won't go running that day, but there ARE other days next week.
So I have the first of the weight loss pictures on my memory card. It will be interesting to see if I can re-create the photos daily in a way that will give the results that I am looking for. I did what I had written about before - I drew little circles around the tripod feet and put marks for my feet. I took one picture from the front and one from the side.
Ye gods, it was horrible to look at. It was hard to see how far I've come in one short year. But then, the year before that, it was very cool to see how far I could come in a year.
It has started, then. If I can keep on it at least semi-regularly, then this could be a very cool thing.
No matter what, though, it's going to serve to motivate me.
Time to go eat an apple or two. Breakfast.
-Silas
No comments:
Post a Comment