Saturday, February 26, 2022

And so it begins.

 So I guess my kid is serious about this business. Today I went and bought a bunch of way more healthy foods, and on a whim two small notebooks. Tonight we sat together and planned out our meals for tomorrow, and our workouts - that is, assuming that the new workout machine gets delivered tomorrow as scheduled. Doesn't matter. We'll work out one way or another.

So maybe this blog turns into a "Let's see what happens when a 46-year-old diabetic man with joint problems starts Body-for-LIFE just over a month before his 47th birthday" experiment. I don't know what will happen. I just know that I'm actually kind of excited to see.

I am going to do a bit of a modified Body-for-LIFE - fewer carbs than he calls for and more fats - good fats in general, but more fats. The science bears out that this is a good way to go to lose weight, so I'll do it.

I also am planning on checking my blood sugar rather often as well, and I'll have to see if I can even get myself into doing blood pressure here and there as well.

Tomorrow it begins. And not just tomorrow - that nebulous idea of the near future that never comes - I mean Sunday, February 27, 2022, my son and I are starting on this journey together.

One day? All 12 weeks?

Doesn't matter. We are starting as soon as I wake up.

-Silas

No comments: