Monday, May 07, 2012

12 miles in 24 hours.

Friday evening I strapped the little one on my back again and went for a walk. It was pretty fun. I needed to go to the ATM, so I did, and right after stopped by the local big-box retailer to pick up a headphone splitting jack. The thought occurred to me that the little one might want to listen to some music, so I bought the cheapest pair of headphones I could find and pulled out the iPod. I plugged us both in. It was quiet enough that we could still talk, so it was pretty fun.

The store was at about mile 1.75. By mile 3.5, he had fallen asleep. It had to be rather comical to see him on my back, completely out.

Anyway, by mile 4.5 he had woken back up, and we had a grand old time for the rest of the 6 miles. All in all, it was pretty good. We were out from 7:00 to 9:00 all told, including the store stop.

Saturday, we had a dance competition at a local amusement park. It was awesome - my daughter had finished both of her dances by 9:15, which meant that we were done before the rides even opened up. So we got to spend the rest of the day on roller coasters and everything else. It was awesome. The exerspy told me that I got in another 12,000 steps, which ROUGHLY translates to 6 miles for me. This all happened before 6:00 PM on Saturday.

So that means 12 miles within the 24 hours. VERY cool.

Physical Therapy this morning was good - and painful as usual. They had me back running a little. I did 4 minutes of running, interspersed with walking. I'm trying to get my gait to be in the right form. It is so frustrating, because there is no pain involved...NONE. But I can't do any more yet. But for those 4 minutes, it felt incredible. I really have found the endorphins that come from running.

So far so good. I get to do 6 minutes of running, interspersed with walking tomorrow evening, and we'll see what he says on Wednesday.

-Silas

No comments: