He's only three, and he only weighs 33 pounds or so (skinny little dude), but after you strap him to your back and carry him for 5 miles, he gets HEAVY. It was a good 5 miles. It took 96 minutes and burned over 700 calories.
Frustration for the day? Since losing 40 pounds and really increasing my cardio fitness, I'm burning way fewer calories. I would have been up over 4,200 or 4,300 at LEAST for the day when I put in 14,000 steps and over an hour and a half of walking. Now, it's under 4,000.
Yeah, I know. Bad problem to have.
I'm still excited to get back into running. Walking (even with my kid on my back) just doesn't get my heart rate up enough to burn a lot of calories. I'm fairly sure that running will do it.
My knees are feeling stronger. The other day I was here at work, needing to hurry to the second floor. Without thinking, I just ran up the stairs. Between being much lighter and the stretches/strengthening exercises for my knees, it was effortless.
That's the good news.
I'm going to start getting on my bike at lunches a couple of days a week with my brother. I was going to start today, but it is going to rain pretty much all day. I'm also going to be walking a couple of miles with some boy scouts, so I'll at least get SOME exercise in.
Was at the grocery store this morning. I'm going to go eat an apple that I bought, instead of the OVER 1200 CALORIES of pretzels that I would have bought in the past. Oh - and those pretzels were just one package that I would have brought in. Usually way more crap.
Feeling good, fighting cravings, moving forward.
-Silas
1 comment:
Sounds like you are in the perfect place mentally and emotionally. Once toucan run again you will be on fire!!!! I'm glad you are not discounting the other exercise you're getting - it all counts.
Post a Comment