Friday, April 20, 2012

Obstacle course

Today should be interesting. We're having a different kind of day at work. Over the past 24 hours, anyone who was interested has created a team and worked on a small project - something that they thought might be useful for the company. Well, of COURSE they are going to have to bring in crappy food.

It's so funny how there are two diametrically opposed forces in the company - one that keeps wanting to bring in really bad things to eat, and the other side that does things like pay for a subscription to a website that helps to keep track of my calories.

Anyway, it's interesting, because yesterday, for the first time in a few weeks now, I sort of wanted to hang the whole weight loss thing up. Not go nuts and eat everything in sight, but to just stop paying attention to what I was eating. Yep, the cravings have returned.

I did well - I kept to what I wanted to eat, but in thinking about what I was craving, it really did occur to me how fast empty calories can really add up.

So yes, there are obstacles put up all over the place today, but I can overcome them. I am stronger than a craving, I am more than just a receptacle for food.

What makes it all worth it is that I am now wearing shorts that are two sizes smaller than when I started two months ago. And the pants that were two sizes larger did not fit back then - they were too small.

Hard? Yes. Worth it? I'd say so.

-Silas

3 comments:

Enz said...

In these situations I repeat "It's just food. I don't have to eat it just because it's there".

Enz said...

How did the day go?

Silas said...

@Enz - it went fantastically well. I ended up with a calorie deficit of 2,124. I'll write more about it. Thanks for asking!

-Silas