Thursday, April 12, 2012

That awkward moment...

...when you get to the Doctor's office, even a little early, and the receptionist tells you that you are a week early...

DO'H!

So the doctor's office didn't happen yesterday. Silver lining? I get to lose a little more weight before they weigh me!

The knee is actually doing significantly better than it was. I was wearing a knee brace that keeps the kneecap in place, but in retrospect, I think it is meant to be worn only during exercise, and not all the time. I think it made the swelling and pain worse.

I'm still quite worried about it, so I have made an appointment with an orthopedic specialist. It's in two weeks. Until then, I'm going to take running out of the lineup. I think (with how it's feeling right now) that I will continue to walk, because it doesn't pound the knees. And I'm going to get back into the lap pool as well. That should give me enough exercise to keep doing well.

The bummer is the couch to 5K with my daughter - that has completely stalled out. I will have to find something else to do with her. She might like swimming laps! I'll ask.

Total calorie deficit since the end of February: 108,381.

-Silas

No comments: