Tuesday, April 17, 2012

A new low.

Total down since February 22: 33.9

It's interesting...I've been going up and down between the mid 280s and mid 290s for so long - probably two or three years now. I even had a stint all the way up over 310, I think. Finally getting back down to 266.1 is exhilarating.

My highest of the highs was 336.4. That means that I'm officially back down over 70 pounds from that. Quite excited about that.

All the work is paying off. All of the times that I am NOT eating that candy bar, NOT doing the donuts with co-workers, NOT overeating when we finally order pizza...

It's paying off. Woo!

-Silas

4 comments:

Enz said...

New follower here!

You have done so well so far! I love the sound the of the Exerspy, I'm still flirting with the idea of a FitBit.

Silas said...

Hello there Enz! Just saw your blog the other day as well.

I personally went with the Exerspy over the fitbit, because my work will pay for the subscription for as long as I work here, but I saw the fitbit when I was doing research. All I can say is that more information is better than less information, so not sure you can go wrong.

Thanks for stopping by!

-Silas

Unknown said...

Hi Silas! Thanks for the comment! Nice blog--I'll follow because I believe in your mission.

Well, I've been in sort of a eureka! period of my food management these past few weeks.

What I've realized--the huge surprise--is that I like who I am *much better* without the emotional eating. I'm far more vibrant and solve more problems that bother me.

I was so wrong about how I thought it would be without emotional eating. It's really not that bad! I enjoy my edgier more vibrant self.

When I was dulling myself down with food, I was dulling down all of my strengths and happiness too. I've learned that we can't selectively dull down our lives.

So, hopefully, my new insights help you too. I'm quite excited about what they will do for me.

You are so correct about the big payoffs of saying "no" over and over to those high calorie foods. Makes you feel a little powerful, doesn't it.

:-)Marion

PlumPetals said...

Hi! Just stopped by from Affectionforfitness - seeing your hard work pay off is SO rewarding. It really makes all the sacrifices worth it, especially when you realize that what you're really doing is cutting out the 'bad' stuff and gaining back a healthy life! Good luck! :)