A little relaxation, a little work on the unfinished room in the basement, and six miles on the treadmill since I last wrote.
Three of those miles were this morning. Yes, that's right. I ran in the morning. It's a good thing for me - it works out so very well for the rest of my day when I can get up and do it.
I am PAINFULLY slow right now for three miles. Yes, I'm going to do the 5K that I have done two years in a row now. I know that I won't be anywhere NEAR my PR, but I am going to do it.
This same 5K is something that I have to do for myself. I have to do this as a kind of "screw you" to being overweight and out of shape. For life.
I might have alluded to this last week, but it's interesting how out of shape I am, and then how out of shape I am not. Yes, I'm slow, but I'm taking into account the fact that last week I was having problems running over a half a mile at a time, and already I have done two three mile runs.
So it's great. Food is going well. Although the scale only shows a .5 pound loss. But down is down, no?
Also, I think that there may be something wrong with my scale. I got on the scale yesterday, and I had gone up two pounds since the day before, when I had done VERY well with food. So I got off and got back on. I was up another pound and a half. And then one more time, up another pound and a half.
It was interesting - there is NO WAY that I gained five pounds in a single day.
But it doesn't really matter. My clothes are all fitting better. I'm feeling great. The journey is going exactly as I want it to. It could be a LITTLE faster...but no matter what, I'm happy. I'm getting healthier, and I'm on the right track.
Have a great day,
-Silas
No comments:
Post a Comment