Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Sometimes you just have to throw your head back...

...and scream for a while.

I am not going to blog about this one - as I have no idea how to lock posts. Any blogger users out there want to give me a hand?

But there is something in my personal life that has be about fed up. I can't handle much more of it. Just for clarification - it has nothing to do with me, with my wife, or my kids. No rumor mongers out there. As if anyone would monger rumors about someone they don't know.

I WILL however, blog about my reaction.

Last night, after getting off of work and on the drive home, I kept going over and over a conversation in my head. I haven't been this distraught about something in a very long time - probably since the doctors told Sara and I that we wouldn't be having any more kids. I decided that I just plain couldn't deal with it.

I got home, and Sara had the house rather immaculate. While she works hard all the time, this is a rarity, as the twins (now over 4 years old) are living proof of the law of entropy - that everything exists naturally in a state of disorder. I was planning on taking out my frustrations on cleaning, but since that was done...

I went down to my basement to the unfinished room and for about an hour, I measured, sawed, and hammered. I got the rest of the framework done that I'm using to cover the ducting on the ceiling. It was very cathartic to just lose myself in a menial task, to immerse myself in not only labor, but USEFUL labor.

At the end, I got something done that I need to get done, and I was also able to come to a truce with what is going on. Not peace with it yet, not by far, but at least I can hold it at arm's length while I can rest from the emotional trauma, and then, when I'm more able to deal with it, I can take it and examine it.

For now, I'm doing fine. Still hanging in there at 252.5 pounds. Not going up, which is GREAT, and not going down, which is not that great. But I'm happy with it.

Have a great day,

-Silas

No comments: