Saturday was a hard day. Remember how I told you that I just can't have pizza? Well, Sara didn't really believe me until Saturday. I ate WAY too much. Good thing that I had a small breakfast and a small dinner - lunch was enormous.
Interesting, though, I technically stayed within points. Because I ran, and ate the exercise points.
But BOY did I run. While the pizza was a step back, there was another positive move on the running front. I was so irritated at myself for slipping that I did 5 miles on the treadmill. So not only did I undo SOME of the damamge that the pizza did, I felt great about doing it.
The interesting thing about running is that I sweat a lot. (You'd think so, wouldn't you?) It makes me lose water weight.
The result?
Yesterday I was down to 249.
Yes, I know this was in part artificial, but I'll take it :) I was back up a little today, but the great thing is that I know that it is temporary. I will fluctuate constantly day to day, but consistently, week after week, I'm going down.
It's funny how:
a) This is going a little slower than I had wanted, but
b) I don't care. I'm doing exactly as well as I NEED to do, and it is working.
In fact, it's turning more and more from an "I don't care" to an "I am loving this." Because even though it's slow, I'm happy with what I'm doing. The happier I can be with what I'm doing, the longer I can keep this up.
I joke a lot with Sara about this all being about that big-screen TV. But truthfully? This is all about me. Not in the narcissistic way, but in the "I'd like to be there when my grandkids are born" kind of way.
Anyway, it was a good weekend. I relaxed the eating a little yesterday, but only enough to use some of my flex points for the week. It's my own version of the "Free Day" from Bill Phillips. On Sundays (sometimes Saturdays) I will eat a little more. As long as I stay within my points + flex, I'm fine with that.
So enough logorrhea...time to work.
-Silas
1 comment:
I am the same way with pizza. I just have to stay away!!! I can throw down some pizza:) Congrats on the run.
Post a Comment