Well, 2,210, to be slightly more accurate. Love it.
Want to know why I am a believer that information is power?
To get halfway to my goal weight before my trip, I have to average somewhere around a 1300 calorie deficit until June.
To get to my original goal, it's around 1500.
To get to where I was HOPING for, it's around 1850.
To get where I thought I had no chance, it's around 2400.
Likely? The hope. Possible? if I average around 2200 calories under per day (doable, at least for now...) then I will end up only 25 pounds overweight, out of obese, and feeling AWESOME.
So it's easy to sit here right now, and talk about losing 2200 extra calories per day, when I'm burning somewhere near 4000 calories burned per day. Days I get a good workout in, it's around 4200 - 4500. Days I don't, it's around 3500-3700. I try to get a good workout in.
So when I'm down 50 pounds, is it still going to be as easy to burn the 4000 calories? Obviously not. So I'm either going to have to step up the exercise (which would be easier, except for the time thing) or cut down the calories, but you can only cut down so much without hitting the law of diminishing returns.
So I'm hopeful, yet wary for the future. Looking forward, time to get my burn on!
-Silas
No comments:
Post a Comment