Weigh-in on Saturday was great - down to 282.9! It makes for just about 17 pounds since starting this three weeks ago. I can't be more happy with where I am.
Yes, this flies right in the face of what I was saying the other day - about how impatient I was getting. I don't always have to be completely consistent, do I? :)
Seriously, though, I'm right where I want to be right now. There are still those times that I just want to say "screw it all" and eat whatever I want to - which is everything in sight. But then I think about the beaches of Hawaii, and snorkeling, and new clothes just before going...
Something is making it stick this time. I wish I knew what it was, and how to bottle it for later. I'm wanting to be near goal by the time I go on my trip. I know that I will not lose on the trip - and I don't want to gain a lot - but what scares me is what is going to happen afterwards.
Frankly, I'm not going to be so concerned about a 2000 calorie per day deficit when I get back. Right now I'm attempting to lose as much weight as possible before a trip, but when that trip is done, I want to lose for the LONG term. I think I'll cut my deficit to either 500 or 1000 per day. It will take me between 20 and 40 weeks, most likely, to hit goal after that.
From there? I just have to remember that it's OK to splurge every so often, so long as every splurge is tempered by the rest of the week that lets me even out the calories - less the rest of the days, and exercise.
Oh, and never stopping the exercise.
Well, time to get to work. Let's get out there and move today.
-Silas
No comments:
Post a Comment