Monday, March 26, 2012

Flying colors?

So there was a significant test over the weekend, as per my last post. Going on a road trip can be a difficult thing in regards to weight loss. You're basically guaranteed to be eating out the entire time.

So I planned ahead and made quite a few decisions ahead of time. That, I think, made all of the difference.

So before talking about the trip, I wanted to note that on Friday, I did a weigh-in, and I was at 279.5. Good starting point, and over 20 pounds down in a month!

So the trip went pretty much exactly as planned. On the way there, I got a small sandwich at a gas station. It was 330 calories, but I took off all of the nasty cheese, so it probably dropped to 300 or less. (I counted 300). For dinner, I had more calories left over than I thought, so I asked the nice Denny's waitress for the nutritional info sheet, and chose a fajita skillet. (I can't remember the name, but that's basically right.) It SAID it was 940 calories with everything included, and the more I think about it, the more I think it was right - but with the tortillas, I added 300 more calories than it said.

Saturday, I had about 200 calories for breakfast, a 6" turkey breast and ham sub for lunch (290 calories as built), and another good dinner - it was about 950 calories, and I ate about a quarter of my wife's fries (400 calories for the batch, 100 for me). What with the swimming and walking around at a dance competition all day long, I burned over 4200 calories. So it was a good deficit for the day. :)

Sunday, I had about 300 calories for breakfast, about 600 for lunch, and another 6" sub for an early dinner on the road, so when I got home, I actually had a few calories left over for a small meal. (You can't eat too few, you know, or it causes problems!)

Throw in just a few little treats that were around to keep the little ones quiet (we're doing WAY fewer for the kids than in the past, trying to get them to be more healthy as well), and it was right where I wanted it to be.

The result?

I was at 276.7 this morning. I lost almost three pounds on a road trip.

And I couldn't be happier!

-Silas

No comments: