Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Why I am impatient.

Sometimes I wonder how I can be so impatient when things appear to be going so well. I think I figured out what's going on.

I read a story last week that said that people who lose a significant amount of weight tend to keep it off better if they weigh themselves daily. I guess I can see why - if they see the creep up daily, they may be more likely to keep on top of things. Weekly sometimes just isn't enough.

I believe it would have helped me to keep the weight off.

So I've been weighing daily. The problem is that I will get disappointed almost every single day, with here and there an AMAZING loss. Intellectually I know that it all evens out. But somewhere inside of me there is the feeling that even though I'm doing well on the plan, I'm eating what I should and exercising, and yet I weigh basically the same as yesterday, sometimes a little more, sometimes a little less!

No more. I think I may have to put the dang scale away except for Saturday mornings, and just pay attention to how dang loose my pants are already.

Sounds like a plan to me. One that I can follow, too.

-Silas

No comments: