Friday, March 02, 2012

Goal one reached, working for the second...

So I'm now down 6.1 pounds - passing the first milestone! Since I have them every 5 pounds, they should come pretty fast and furious for the next little bit.

It's fun seeing a negative deficit left on my spreadsheet, though. Pretty cool. Cool enough that if I eat an EXTRA 38 calories per day between now and my trip, I'll be back where I began.

And considering I've had an average daily deficit of almost 2400 calories, that would mean a LOT more calories per day!

Yesterday I also got in 11,698 steps. 2,000 of them were from walking to Subway at lunch, and the rest were on the treadmill. I'm still quite slow, but I spent an hour between walking/jogging slowly, the first 30 minutes of it on an incline. WHICH also goes to why I had a good deficit yesterday. :)

Speaking of Subway, they have this cool thing on their website - you build your sandwich exactly how you will ask for it, and it gives you all of the nutritional information! That's how I know that a footlong Turkey Breast and Ham sub on Italian bread, no cheese, lettuce, pickles, onions, green peppers, banana peppers, jalapenos, and honey mustard, is only 590 calories. For the footlong. Much better than the more than 1200 for the meatball sub that I used to get. And still better than the 950 for the Steak and Cheese.

Sheesh. I sound like a commercial. I just like knowing EXACTLY how many calories is in my food.

Oh, and exactly how many I burned going there. :)

It's weird - sometimes it's worth it to me to eat less. Sometimes it isn't. I guess I'll take it when I can get it.

-Silas

No comments: