I passed up a Krispy Kreme donut this morning, did you know that? Even two weeks ago I would have gladly helped myself. I think there were enough for two each. Passed it up.
I've had 100 calories today so far, almost all of that milk. I'm feeling pretty good about it. Usually I don't skip breakfast, but on a day like today, it's probably for the best.
Dutch Oven cooking is interesting - it's a very social thing to do. I like to do it around a lot of people, so that most of the food can be eaten by others. Why? Well, while it's POSSIBLE to cook healthy food in a dutch oven (it's just a cooking vessel...) it seems that all of the recipes are just terrible. YUMMY, but terrible.
Part of that is because of how good the dutch oven is at taking cheap, tough cuts of meat, and turning them into very tender, juicy things.
Note that the cheap, tough cuts of meat are so much fattier than their lean, more expensive cousins.
So the food today I'm cooking isn't good food. Baked beans and a dessert. BUT...
...can I eat it? Yes. Can I eat ALL of it? Absolutely not. If I take my portion, and give the rest away to my team here at work, I think I can work this.
I will let you know how it goes. So far so good.
So far today, I've taken over 4200 steps (up and down stairs, cooking and all of that), and burned over 1900 calories. I'm tired, and it's not even noon.
Oh...and one more little thing...
287 pounds, now 13 pounds down. Woo!
-Silas
No comments:
Post a Comment