He's always there, you know. He's lurking. Right there, peering over my shoulder. He's been mostly quiet over the past month or so, but I know he's there.
He sits there, taunting me, mocking me, making me wonder if I'll ever be rid of him.
This is the monkey that so many of us know so very well.
I'm not the only one who has turned to food. And I know that I will not be the last, either. But that monkey is always there, and I know that he always will be.
So? He's there. He's not going away. Not anytime soon, anyway. Life goes on. And I have the choice - to either listen to him, or to ignore him. Recently I've been able to ignore him. Through a work party which I help cater with rather terrible food, to the grand opening of a new cafe on the first floor of my building (at least they are ATTEMPTING to serve healthy food...). Through it all, I have lost weight. 19.4 pounds of weight, to be rather exact.
I know that last week I said that I wasn't going to weigh in as much. Well, I was sorely mistaken. Unless I lock the scale up, I weigh in each morning, with some exceptions. Today was NOT an exception, and I saw 280.6 on the scale.
Did you know that in .7 pounds, I will just be simply obese? That's pretty cool. Another blogger wrote a post about something similar, and it made me add the BMI calculation onto my spreadsheet. I like it.
Anyway, still dropping, still WORKING HARD AT DROPPING...which I think is the key.
-Silas
No comments:
Post a Comment