Friday was just so busy that I had no time to post. It was one of THOSE days. Being a Software Engineer, right before release, I sometimes get so entranced in my work that I forget EVERYTHING else. Including eating, I might add. All day at work on Friday I had:
Sunflower seeds.
That's it. No, not healthy, but frankly, I'd rather do that than eat tons 'o' crap. By the way, this is not anorexic - I went home and ate quite a bit. Not enough to go over points :)
So while it's not healthy, as long as I don't do it too often, I don't mind.
The problem that I am having is this: I have some sort of shin splints on my right leg. There is a red, puffy sore patch on my shin. Which sucks, because I haven't been able to run since Wednesday. Not to say that I'm not using the treadmill - I still at least WALKED for 2 miles on Thursday and Friday. But it's not the same as running. I just don't get the sweat that I get when I run.
I know why this happens. I may have posted this before, but when you run, your knees, feet, and legs get hit with three times your body weight in force on EACH STEP. That's a whole lot of force when I'm running. 60 pounds ago, this wouldn't have been a problem. Now, it's a bit hard on me to run.
So for now, I'm going to figure out what I can do. I'm going to keep walking, even though it takes twice as long to get in the miles. When I can, I'm going to start ramping up the running again. Slowly, surely, I am going to do this.
I am really feeling great about eating, too. I'm down about 3.5 pounds (unofficially) from where I had gone since posting my weight here. That is in less than a week. And for some reason, I have been able to seriously control my eating.
Case in point - last night, just before going to bed, I had the same thoughts jump into my head that have been killing me - how I should go find something "good" to eat in the morning on my way to work.
For the first time in MONTHS it was easy to just dismiss it. I got up this morning with zero intentions of eating crappy food. And so far, I have done VERY well. Sunflower seeds.
I'm about to go make some lunch - soup, or maybe a frozen dinner (the light kind). Maybe I'll "splurge" and get a sandwich of some sort. Subway has some great ones. Even if I get a footlong, it will only be 15 points. Leaving me with more than 20 for the day, even if I count the sunflower seeds. (Which I will.) And that doesn't include flex points or exercise points...
Things are finally looking up.
-Silas
2 comments:
Running is definitely a lot harder with the extra weight - I haven't been able to do it without a lot of pain in nearly 10 years now. One day I hope to be back there and in the meantime I walk and hope.
Thanks, Denise. I am with you - walk and hope. This has been an interesting journey. I'm just glad to be going in the correct direction on the path again.
Post a Comment