...why it has been easier to follow the plan for the last week or so. And I think it comes down to the power of positive pressure.
I like Bill Phillips. I don't necessarily like his Body-for-LIFE program, as I don't want to seriously bulk up on muscle, which is what happens when I try to follow it. For what it's worth, it works - you can change the shape of your body when you follow his plan. Fewer calories, way more healthy food, and lots of exercise, heavy on the weight lifting...it's a good plan. I just can't follow it, and I don't want the results.
But he certainly has some great things to say. And one is the power of positive pressure.
There is something to be said about making sure that others know what you are doing in your weight loss journey. This works for me, because when others know what I'm doing, it's not just me that I'm letting down when I lose control. It's everyone that knows what is going on.
So what happens when I hear about a family reunion in June? With the family members who had seen be at both 336 pounds and 205 pounds?
Well, the first reaction was that it is such a long way away. One more day of crappy food won't hurt.
But then (it took a week or two) the thought came: I can't possibly go there weighing over 260. I will not embarass myself that way. And yes, one more day DOES hurt.
And the option of not showing up? This is not an option. So what is left?
You got it. Stick to the plan, and lose the weight.
I don't know how much I can lose in the next 5 months, but I would be surprised if it is less than 40, and SHOCKED if it is less than 30. That is, if I can stick to the plan.
Which so far hasn't been a problem. It is finally worth more to me to eat less than to eat the crap. Every time I envision the fast food, or the sweets from the store, I can just see myself at the reunion. And for extra dramatic effect, I envision myself at over 300 pounds. How would THAT feel?
Heh...good thing that I'm not about to find out.
Anyway, I have high hopes, and momentum this time. We'll see how fast it comes off. But no matter what - I'm back on the journey.
-Silas
No comments:
Post a Comment